July 23, 2007

Does this Badge Make My Ass Look Big?

I have already written about how vain and prissy the cops in Southern California are. They fuss over their coiffures and their coffee. They chat on cell phones while on duty. In short, they are just like other Southern Californians. Now we can add one more item to the list: Southern California cops get their police cars hand- washed at commercial car washes. I saw it happen yesterday. One of SoCal's finest got his black-and-white washed and buffed to a high gloss by several of Mexico's finest. The officer gave a cash tip too.

What I want to know is, did the cop submit his car wash bill for reimbursement by me, the taxpayer?

6 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger sunchaser said...

I'd bet their doing that has more to do with the car crazy nature of California (SoCal in particular) than being more "sissy" (though I could see how they would be more laid back than East Coast cops - isn't that a good thing?)

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger media concepts said...

The cops out here are anything but laid back. Can you say Rodney King? No, it's something different. If they're not all half-gay, the cops are highly metrosexual.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger sunchaser said...

I guess you could be right. But I still think the car-washing has more to do with how everyone being more into their cars out there (at least it seemed that way to me) Maybe because people generally spend more time in them, and there are fewer public transportation options?

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger media concepts said...

Firefighters are famous for keeping their fire trucks clean and shiny by washing the trucks themselves. If the police here can't do the same, but instead have to pay for each washing of each car at commercial car washes, costing I don't know how many millions of dollars, then I am living in the wrong state for sure.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

I would bet there was "no charge" for that black-and-white. And probably the Mexicans buffing it to a high gleam were illegal. There are many forms of protection...

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger media concepts said...

I have little doubt that the Mexican workers there were illegal. I was trying to allude to that in the post. As for the "no charge/protection racket" theory, another customer who I was talking to about this said that he saw the cop pay at the cash register.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home