November 24, 2006

Second Impressions of Kulleefoneeyah


Here's another post that will probably get me in trouble with the locals.

1. The phonetic spelling of this state is constantly evolving. This latest one is as close as I think I have come to what der Governor says.

2. The cops here are very prissy. Their hair is highly coiffed. They chat on cell phones while driving, which cannot be for official business since that is what their police radios are for. The dine at Panera instead of Dunkin Donuts. They probably get manicures. This is a far cry from Andy Sipowicz and the NYPD Blue. I am told that all they do is give traffic tickets and beat up black men.

3. The traffic still sucks. I guess I can't complain, since I have added to the problem by 1.

4. When I hit upon the Black Friday crowds, I now exclaim in Spanish ("Dios mio!") instead of English ("holy sh*t!"). That sure didn't take long.

5. Out here, "writer" = "screenwriter."

2 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger globalchameleon said...

Hey, the cops dine at Panera in Montgomery County, too (keeping the neighborhood safe). But not as coiffed...

I can't believe you have a mullet magnet! Glad to hear that treasure survived the move.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Bebel said...

Matt, my dear..I'm so sorry I didn't have a chance to say good-bye to you. I'm leaving to Brazil very soon. Please come visit me and the dogs in Rio!
Love your blogg..and just for you I have to say these words...I'll be back!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home