April 27, 2008

What is it with April Birthdays?


I just finished a fun, stimulating, exhausting week of birthday celebration, that included dinners, parties, classes, two writers' groups, and even a volunteer stint at the L.A. Times Festival of Books at UCLA. It was a great birthday because I did so many things that I enjoy doing, with some of the people (the ones who live locally, at least) with whom I enjoy doing them.

Then I saw a blog post stating that today is William Shakespeare's birthday. This reminds me that my birthday is sandwiched right between those of Willie the Shake and Adolf Hitler. I also share my birthday with Barbara Streisand and Shirley MacLaine (and, presumably, all the people and animals Shirley MacLaine was in her many past lives).

What do I have in common with all these people? I don't know, but April is a most interesting time to have a birthday.

7 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Janet Spiegel said...

Well, happy birthday! Love your blog. Chuckled through March and April!

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger globalchameleon said...

Happy birthday - sounds like you're having a fabulous time celebrating! I also have noticed a spate of birthdays around the March/April time of year (hmm...indicative of the lazy days of summer nine months before?)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger media concepts said...

Janet -- thanks!

Global C. -- There do seem to be a lot of birthdays in April. Maybe those lazy days of summer aren't so lazy after all.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Happy birthday! Fortunately you seem a lot more like Willie the Shake than Adolf the Nutcase. And you seem to have a memory that just doesn't quit. Keep on keeping me entertained!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger media concepts said...

Thanks Barbara. Hopefully I have more in common with Bill than with Adolph!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger ghetufool said...

happy birthday!!!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger media concepts said...

Thanks Ghetufool. How is India treating you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home