January 26, 2009

Pet Safety Alert


Today I saw a dog running down the right lane of a very busy four-lane road. As I made a right turn, I covered my eyes so as not to see the likely outcome. A few minutes later, in a shopping center that backs onto the road, I saw a few people wandering around the parking lot, searching, and one was whistling. I spoke to them, and, sure enough, they were looking for their dog. I told them where I had seen the dog, and they took off to find it.

Then, moments later, I saw a woman tie a beautiful golden lab to a concrete post, and then go into Ralph's supermarket. I can't imagine that's it's very safe to tie a dog outside a busy store, where someone could easily steal the dog. Moreover, it must be a bit scary for a dog to be tied up where, as was the case here, it is then constantly approached by a stream of strangers.

Pets are not people, and I don't know whether the first dog got loose due to the negligence of its owners, but I think that, when it comes to safety, people should treat their pets as they would their children.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:57 AM, Blogger Michel said...

of course! Pets are not people, but some time it acts more than people. Pets will be lovable if we show are love only.
Folding Dog Stairs

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

A missing dog indeed puts fear in my heart. Jake doesn't seem to run away any longer or even want to dig under the fence. It's a relief.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home