August 17, 2006

Stepping in Bear Sh*t


My July 26, 2006 post entitled "Grizzly Man" was a review of an engrossing documentary. However, I was not prepared for the onslaught of views of my post by people desiring to hear the tape of the Grizzly Man being killed and eaten by a bear.

As my post indicated, "Grizzly Man" is about Timothy Dexter a/k/a Timothy Treadwell, who lived among bears in the Alaska wild for thirteen summers and filmed his experiences. I wrote that, on the tragic day in question, Treadwell's camera was running but the lens cap was affixed, so that the attack on him and his girlfriend was captured on the audio portion of the video tape. However, the public has never heard the audio tape, and probably never will. Treadwell's friend possesses the tape, and has no plans to let her deceased friend suffer further indignity.

Unfortunately, according to Site Meter, I am getting slammed by searchers for the "Timothy Treadwell grizzly bear attack audio tape" or some variation thereof. I am averaging about ten such hits per day. Presumably, most of these folks are trying to find a site where they can hear the tape. Yech! Had I known this would happen, perhaps I would have not mentioned the tape in my post. It is really only a small part of this fascinating film.

Have any of you written posts that have resulted in unintended and even unwanted search hits?

2 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

What is it that attracts people to violence and human suffering? Those are the stories that sell. Heaven forbid we ever live in a PG world!

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home