November 27, 2006

Politically Incorrect Reality Moment of the Week


Today I had a moment right out of a comedy movie. I'm driving on a SoCal freeway, and ahead of me is a compact car with two occupants and a Student Driver sign on top. The car is weaving like Betsy Ross on Red Bull.The brake lights are on, yet the car is still traveling at highway speed, as if the driver has his or her feet on the gas and brakes simultaneously. Another car merges onto the freeway, and the two almost collide.

I pass the student driver on the left, and it happens to be a young Asian woman. She's giggling, hopefully out of nervousness rather than flippancy. I get out of there quickly, not wanting to be anywhere nearby when the giggling driver has an encounter with a giant pickup truck.

I checked for the film cameras and crew, but didn't see any. They must have been hidden, right? I mean, this is Southern California. It must have been a comedy movie.

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Hopefully the other occupant was an instructor. Maybe there were dual controls, with the driver pressing the accelerator and the instructor braking? I would think driver education is a risky business for everyone involved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home