December 01, 2006

Depeche Mod


My third impressions of Southern California are reflections. The most extreme novelty has worn off, and I now regard California through the lens of my previous DC area home. Tonight's reflections are of the sartorial type:

1. People dress a bit differently in Southern California. Tonight I was in a shop and saw something that looked like a woman's hair band. I asked the sales girl if it was a hair band. She looked at me funny and said, "uh, no, it's like a, tube top?" It was maybe three inches wide.

2. The 80s are big again. I know this isn't limited to Southern California. There are lots of leggings with miniskirts and boots. If the best of 80s fashions (if that is not an oxymoron) are recycled this year, and the gaudiest and tackiest creations are not repeated, it just might work.

3. People here have small asses. Perhaps the smallest asses in the United States. Maybe even the entire planet. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on one's personal taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home