December 27, 2006

Revelations From the Book of John and the Book of James


Every once in a while, we have a moment of great clarity. I have had two such moments in the past week. If we are lucky, the clarity involves something big, great or wonderful. This is not one of those times.

Clarity moment number one: I discovered that the little ditty at the beginning of the television show "The Osbournes" is the same melody as John "Ozzy" Osbourne's song "Crazy Train." Not only that, but I think most of the words of the two songs, including most of the the first verse (the tv show ditty seems to have only one verse), are the same. It took me over two years to figure this out.

Clarity moment number two: The German train tunnel featured near the end of the James Bond movie "Octopussy" looks to be the same one as in the movie "Von Ryan's Express" starring Frank Sinatra. Also, the Bond villain General Orlov (who played the bad guy in "Beverly Hills Cop" and who always plays bad guys because he is balding and has a big wart on his forehead) gets shot in the back running after a train at the tunnel, the same way Sinatra gets it at the end of "Von Ryan's Express." This has taken me more than twenty years of viewings to figure out.

I hope that I can somehow train my mind to achieve this clarity again regarding something more meaningful, something that might save the world, or at least make me some money.

2 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Impressive even if not lucrative. May be useful evidence if you are ever considering a plea of insanity. (Just kidding...)

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger media concepts said...

I love it! Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home