August 23, 2007

If I had a Team of Producers and Writers, Maybe I Would be as Funny and Insightful as Jon Stewart


Damn that Jon Stewart. He makes clear what I have tried to say repeatedly about the U.S. involvement in the Middle East, and does it in a funny way to boot. I have said before that Republican presidents keep supporting and arming bad guys and countries in the Middle East (Saddam Hussein, Iran, Osama bin Laden), only to create a huge mess and have other Republican Presidents go to war against them 20 years later. I have wondered whether this isn't just a sneaky way to throw trillions of our tax dollars at giant defense contractors in a massive transfer of wealth.

But Jon Stewart gets to say that with fun little movies and all. I guess that's what you call being brilliant.


(Video clip courtesy of Crooks and Liars).

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

AND he gets paid a lot more than your do for telling what is undoubtedly the truth. The Haleburtons of the world are the sole beneficiaries of these little wars that just keep happening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home